Translate

Friday 8 March 2013

March Craft challenge: Week 1.

Hello again.

While I am trying really hard to understand this whole blog thing, I thought to share my latest project with you all.
March, being Craft month, is celebrated by all us crafters. Me and a friend "Saba" over at sabas-craftland.blogspot.com decided to play our part. We pick a theme and made a project for the first week.
Our theme was "HOLDERS". It could be anything; a box, an envelope, a bag, and so on.

Saba did an altered cylinder that she called "sweet smiles". 
I just love the way she put together this amazing cylinder. So much work.

So for my project, I have this old ugly-looking box lying in my room for ages. We used to keep our keys and some found things in this box. 

I have been looking for an opportunity to alter this box, so this was pretty much the PERFECT moment to go for it. :)
I took the dimensions and started cutting my papers. I chose Yellow chevron paper from American Crafts Seen & Noted paper line, because my niece did not want me to change the color of the box. Hence yellow has to be my only choice. lol
Anyway, I gessoed the whole box first. And then adhered red cardstock on all 4 sides. I chosed red because I wanted the yellow to pop out properly.


Only one rule for the challenge is to use ONE HANDMADE EMBELLISHMENT on your project. I made this yellow flower using 25 punched out hearts that measures 1". Hearts were white originally, I colored them and distressed them using Mustard seed and vintage photo DIs.
Added some punched flowers and punched butterflies and a lil bit of pearl string. This lace was a gift from a very dear friend.






I had heaps of fun altering this box. Now my mom is very happy having this box in our living room, all prettified and adorned :D
Now whenever we have a visitor, my mum proudly show this box to them. *happiest moment*

I hope you like my box. And I hope that you'll leave your comments aswell..
Much Love.
Khadija



6 comments:

  1. oh my amazing stuff all around... three cheers for dejay the wonderland princess.... yay :) besta luck fr future projects too hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, love the color and really love the yellow flower.

    ReplyDelete