Translate

Monday 21 April 2014

{be inspired}

Hello everyone!!
I'm here today to share a card with you all. The inspiration goes to Unity stamps, offcourse. Every time I purchase a new itty bitty, i just want to play with it over and over again.
I have NEVER participated in Unity's {be inspired} Challenge, so i thought to give it a try this time. They had a very fun challenge like always. You either chose a sketch OR inspiration photo, OR combine them both and create a card or a layout. I chose to create a card, LO is too big for me to handle. hehe.
This is the inspiration photo.
and this is what I have created using the sketch.
I used pink paislee papers (dont remember the collection. sorry!) for the chevrons, I used Echo park's bundle of joy boy paper line. I still have another 12x12 sheet left, thank goodness. Anyhoo, I distressed the edges of the centre panel in the background, using my tim holtz distresser. And then I layered few die cuts on top of each other to give my card some interest.

The sentiment is an itty bitty. And i stamped it using versa mark on a circle, that is hand-cut. Heat embossed it using black embossing powder by Rangers. And then colored it using faded jeans and black soot distressed inks by Rangers again. Love love tim holtz products.
And then i punched few small flowers using my retro flower punch, gave them a lil shape and adhere them on the bottom of my distressed circular piece.
tied a bow on top of the paper before adhering it to the main card, and ta-da! My card is done.
Let me know what do you think about it. I am realy pleased with the end results, so glad I did not make any mistake this time. lol.
Leave your comments, and I'll pay you a visit back.
Have a great day. Much Love.
Deeja.

2 comments: